In order to provide an alternative source of income, AFE has developed several micro-businesses that allow students and parents to sell their product. The store is made up of necklaces, bracelets, earrings, purses, paintings, and several other items created by our students. Most of these products are created by using recycled material. By doing this, we are showing them how they can use the same product that they find in the garbage dump and use it in a different way in order to have a more dignified job.
As a whole, the purpose of the store is not designed to support AFE’s budget. For every product sold, the workers receive 97% while the other 3% goes towards purchasing the supplies that they need in their respective businesses.
In addition, AFE’s store provides T-shirts, coffee mugs, notebooks, etc. in order to offer variety.
If you would like more information on how you can get involved, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.